Task is to remodel draft (facade design/facelift) architectural design of residential building. Design how the residential house should look from outside while looking good and suitable for the landscape and while being suitable for the proposed layout/functionality.
Please base your facelift proposal on the given 2.5-story layout and with hip roof.
The new design should be a "grand design" that fits well the surrounding landscape while keeping the core room order/layout and internal functionality of the building. We are looking for a show-stopper.
DESIGN CRITERIA FOR REMODELLING (NEW) SEASIDE RESIDENTIAL BUILDING
- base your facelift proposal on the given 2.5-story layout and with hip roof
- Upstairs large (seaside) windows should be single piece each, except the smaller corner ones which should have openable half piece.
- Downstairs windows facing terrace are actually folding doors/glasses.
- Terrace has no roof/cover and you can walk out to grass without borders. No balconies.
- Elevated first floor to provide sea view over the vegetation. Note: terrain is flat (terrain can be artificially elevated to reach terrace level).
- Streetside windows should have privacy protection up to 1m from the floor level. You could achieve this with either a wall or opaque/mirror glass, please try which one looks better.
- Please check all window widths are not narrower than planned. Optimal glass tint will be chosen. No extra windows.
- Efficient use of space: T-shape: optimal room access to minimize staircase/hallway space. Ground floor utilization for techincal room + garage
- Streetside (south side) windows positioning for optimal sunlight (we are on northern hemisphere, sun is rare, but from south, from street side). Also window in kitchen.
- Note that street side wall shall have 2 zig zag corners.
- Roof profile is proposed to have some variation (see brief), North and East wings could be somewhat lower level, please try how this would look with hip roof. "Grovebury roof tile" hip roof with eaves: better protection from rain/leakage.
- Height limit max 8m from ground level, garage floor must go partly underground to fit height requirement.
- Please show all sides of the house.
- Try different colors, decorations, and different patterns to make it an elegant show-stopper.
- If wood is used, you could try weather resistant wood and burnt wood (both weather resistant)
- chimneys cannot fit inside they need to be outside somehow
- let's have rooftop skylight window above 2nd floor staircase