The book is an autobiography titled, "The Fruits of Unyielding Will". It is a story of growing up in Honduras, my journey through Mexico, and resettling in the United States. The book will, initially, be primarily for family and friends -- but I am exploring a larger audience. The first and last paragraph of the book are from the perspective of me watching my grandson play in the grass, and thinking back to when I was a child in Honduras. I am looking for a picture that evokes dream like memory, possibly with the look of an oil painting, but a bit hazy rather than strictly realistic.
The front cover will be a picture of a house, similar to the one I grew up in on a farm in the mountains. The title and author will be added separately through the publisher later, but please leave enough room at the top with low contrast colors for this, i.e the mountains in the background. See the attached picture for a similar farmhouse.
Note these differences:
- The house had a large mango tree to the right
- The material was adobe, the roof was corrugated tin
- The kitchen (the smaller attached structure) was within the same rectangular footprint of the main house, but had the separate angled roof as in the picture
- The foreground trees behind the house can be shorter to show the mountains better and allow room for the title and author to be added at the top later
- There was one window between the door and the kitchen section (on the front right of the house)
- The mountains and trees in the background are accurate and should be prominent in the cover
- The house was well kept, and the front yard was lushly covered with flowers.
- A large stream is visible just to the right of the mango tree, passing by the house
- Add a little girl (8 years old), in a cute dress, with two pony tails, tending the flowers in the front of the house. The girl is mostly facing the house, so her face is not visible.