* This contest is guaranteed *
We need a new set of icons for iPhone/iPad/Android. Our current icon doesn't convey what the app does, and people gloss over it in the app store. We need something eye-catching that conveys 'fashion'.
We are also be changing the name of the app to something more descriptive, such as 'Shop the Look' or 'Fashion Looks' or similar (TBD).
WINNING ICONS WILL
* Symbolize fashion - a user seeing the icon when browsing the app store should immediately identify it as a fashion app
* Stand out in the app store with bright, bold colors
* Be elegant and tasteful
* Follow Apple and Google icon guidelines
WINNING ICONS WILL NOT
* Be overly cartoonish. Illustrations are fine, just dont make it look like a game
* Don't use clipart or stock images
* Mostly women aged 20-45.
* Enjoy shopping for fashion and keeping on top of the latest trends
* MEN also use our app, so the icon should not be too 'girly'
* We need icons for iOS and Android in various sizes (detailed below).
* We also need promotional artwork to be used in the app store (sizes detailed below). The promotional artwork should be DIFFERENT than the app icon, but along the same theme.
* The largest icon sizes (1024x1024, 512x512) should have the most detail. The smaller icons can be the same with detail removed to make them look good, or can be slight variations of the design
* iOS sizes:
* iOS icons should NOT contain alpha transparency
* iOS icons should NOT have rounded corners or a drop shadow (these are added automatically by Apple)
* Android sizes:
* Android icons SHOULD have rounded corners and drop shadow added manually (if this is part of the design).
* Android icons may use alpha transparency.
* Provide the source file in PSD or Illustrator format
* Provide PNG for all icon sizes listed above
* Images should be 8 bits per channel
* You do not need to constrain your palette to web-safe colors.
* iOS icon guidelines: http://developer.apple.com/library/…mages.html
* Android icon guidelines: http://developer.android.com/guide/…esign.html
* In addition to the icons, we require feature artwork that will be
used to promote the app in the app store.
* This artwork can be different from the icons
* It should be 24-bit PNG, no alpha transparency
* PSD source file must be included
* Android artwork guidelines: http://android-developers.blogspot.…image.html
* Lastly, we require a very small version of the icon for use on Android
* This must be flat WHITE on a transparent background. No color.
* Required sizes:
* Small Android icon guidelines: http://developer.android.com/guide/…s_bar.html
* We want to see your creative ideas, and dont want to direct you too much!
* A possible concept could be to show some easily recognized clothing items (dress, shoes, bag), but be careful not to make it too 'girly'
* Another concept could be an illustration of a model or two wearing an outfit (maybe a male and female)
* Feel free to come up with something new and unique!
* See screenshots of our app below
ABOUT THE APP
* Our app is focused on minimal, elegant design. Nothing should get in the way of viewing the images (see screenshots)
* Try out the app for yourself by downloading it for iOS or Android:
Or you can view a live online demo at http://kalei.do (click 'try the live demo')