Vibite is a platform that allows anyone to find the music they love, with complete ease and accuracy and in a fun/enjoyable experience.
It's also a warm community where people can come and share the music they love, and their passion for it.
Our target audience is the general public, with a focus being on music enthusiasts.
The key things that we want to portray in both our brand and logo are:
- Fun, yet elegant
- Engaging, but not 'in your face'
In general, we want the logo to be modern, flat, and something that can be used everywhere as a favicon, logo on a shirt and merchandise, website, app and all the rest of it. This is why I'm thinking that an icon-based logo with the text 'Vibite' next to it may be the best choice.
I've also attached a screenshot of what our website will look like. It'll give you a really good idea on the style we're going for - but we do encourage you to experiment, because we'd be happy to switch our site around if you come up with something awesome!
We want this to be authentic - and we've said that in the title of this project too. We're only going to be considering designs that are genuinely authentic, stand out, and are just outright awesome - and we're confident that several people will be able to deliver just that.
REALLY IMPORTANT TAKE-AWAYS (DON'T IGNORE THESE):
- The logo *has* to be flat design.
- The logo *has* to be super simple, stand out and be really bold. This will also mean that we can easily stick it on anything, like merchandise.
- We're happy with either really good, original typography, or a super-simple yet authentic logo with typography
- The logo *has* to be really unique, original and stand out. We will *not* accept anything generic.
- We've attached some more logo examples we like, with notes on them inside the file 'examples.txt'. Please *make sure* you go through this, so that you can get a clear idea on what we're after
If any of the important take-aways aren't met, we're pretty much not going to accept your design. So hopefully those pointers will give you a good idea as to what we're looking for!
ANOTHER IMPORTANT THING:
If you have any questions, or want us to elaborate on something, please do ask us. We'll try and respond ASAP. It's much better for both of us if you have a really clear picture of what to make, than wasting time making something that doesn't match what we have in mind - so we encourage you to ask questions.