This is your challenge. My business name is “KDG Photography” and it needs to appear in the logo. KDG are not easy letters to work with. I also want a symbol taken from the photography industry that people will recognize – ie. A piece of film (remember film from the old days?), a retro camera, an aperature (something else – surprise me). I love the clever use of negative space (see Baldface, Wineforest, and Huvicapets logos).
There should be flowing lines – either in the graphic or the text. Script fonts should be elegant not messy or cartoony. Go for script fonts that are thinner as opposed to bold. Bonus points if the script/text can encompass or create a graphic symbol. Avoid a symbol, with text beside it. How can you join the two? Think photographs of "romantic weddings", "couples intimate portraits", "glamorous photos of women".
I would also like the tag line “It’s your life. Picture it” incorporated into the logo, but it will not be used all of the time. Therefore, the graphic must work with and without the tag line.
The logo, or elements from the logo, must also work as a watermark over photographs, as well as in grayscale for possible a B/W newspaper ads.
My website is http://www.kdgimages.com I want something different than the current graphics - but you can get an idea of what I mean by flowing lines and text. Ignore the Horse Show content as that is being phased out.
What I like about the designs I have attached:
1. Baldface and Wineforest - the use of negative space
2. Blush - the mix of fonts and the use of elements from the main logo in graphics for different uses.
3. Tall skinny lady - it is a cool graphic
4. Terra Bella - flowing font
5. Melissa Felissimo - conservative font mixed with a flowing line
6. Linda - mix of the name into the graphic symbol
7. The tree - calm, pleasing flowing lines