For that we want you to design a flexible logo that consists of standardized elements which are adaptable per city. The logo should consist of the following elements
1) The overall brand name « Wir lieben ...»
2) City name (e.g. «Gelsenkirchen») in combination with the brand name «Wir lieben» (e.g. Wir lieben Gelsenkirchen/ Wir lieben Duisburg/ Wir lieben Essen)
3) An illustrated emblem/landmark of the city which easily can be recognized
4) An design element which reflect the locals empathy for his/her city
5) Logo should be also usable for merchandise and print
For the Contest you will need to design the flexible logo and apply it on these 3 cities:
1.) Essen (Wir lieben Essen)
2.) Duisburg (Wir lieben Duisburg)
3.) Gelsenkirchen (Wir lieben Gelsenkirchen)
After the contest is finished we will continue the work with the winning submission/designer to create further logos for various other cities. Of course, the further work will be paid extra.
Please keep in mind, that the logo should consist the above mentioned 4 elements and be applicable for various cities in Germany.
Please take some time to study the do nots of this contest:
1)First of all and mainly important: We are not looking for another logo, that looks like the commonly known «I Love NY». Any submissions that look familair to the well known «I love NY» brand will be ignored.
2) We are looking for a highly flexible logo which is adaptable to various cities so it should consist mainly of elements which work for all cities equal (exception: the cities landmark which should be an exchangeable element of the whole logo).
Overall design outlines:
Colors: The text in the logo should be black or dark grey
Fonts: The choice of the used font is up to you. As the brand name is essential for the recognizability, the font should be clear and easy to read.
Landmarks: The cities landmark should be illustrated/sketched. Examples of landmarks for the contest cities Essen, Duisburg and Gelsenkirchen are attached to this contest