Great work, very responsive and open to suggestions.
- Zahid Vector™
Zahidul worked very hard on my project and did everything that I asked and at a fair price! My project involved a lot of music theory which is specialized knowledge. I was able to work with him on the designs and got them back quickly. I’m very happy with the final products that I received!
Angel delivers exactly what we are looking for - every time!
- gaga vastard
Great communication and fast reply. Good final work.
great job great style and nice color
Very talented designer. Very responsive. Will definitely work with PDdesigns again in the future!
How public power started their logo design journey
Who are you known as?
American Public Power Association
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We are a trade association representing community-owned electric utilities across the United States. Our audience is utility employees, policymakers, and electric customers.
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Community & Non-Profit
What colors do you want to see in your design?
Other color requirements
I'd like to explore the following colors:
Let designers make suggestions:
To give us an idea of the overall feeling of your brand, let us know which styles you lean towards
We need a new logo for the American Public Power Association. This is an important piece of an overall strategic rebranding process. We are a trade organization that advocates in Washington D.C. and provides a variety of resources for not-for-profit electric utilities that are owned by their communities (like public schools and libraries). The main intent of the logo is to give the world at large — electricity customers, policymakers, media, etc. — an idea of what public power is all about.
1. The words PUBLIC POWER must be much more prominent than American and Association.
2. We do NOT need the acronym APPA to be part of the logo like it is currently. In fact, there is nothing from the current logo that we want to keep.
3. The logo should highlight the concept of COMMUNITY. We will probably use “Plugged Into Community” as our tagline.
4. In branding focus groups, two graphic elements that tested really well were a plug (to signal electricity) and vectorized people (multiple people to signal community). We’d like to incorporate both these graphic elements — somehow combined if possible.
5. We want something integrated (where the type and graphic elements all strong tied together), clean, modern, and simple. Prefer something icon based with strong typography.
6. Yes, we still print brochures and even t-shirts and need to work well on all that. But most importantly we want a logo that will be strong for digital use — website, emails, social media, etc.
7. Let’s start with black and white sketches and once we feel something is working, we’ll come back for color explorations.