Nothing short of Fantastic! Thank you for helping bring our mission to a powerful to design!
Good job. Quick and responsive.
How sally XF started their logo design journey
Who are you known as?
United Suicide Survivors International (emphasizing United Survivors and "US")
What’s your company slogan?
(not incorporated into the logo, but the idea is "Not about US without US"
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
United Suicide Survivors International is an independent international membership organization that serves as a home for people who have experienced suicide loss, suicide attempts and suicidal thoughts and feelings, and their friends and families -- collectively known as people w/ lived experience with suicide – to leverage their expertise for large scale change.
• Shorthand “United Survivors” – or “US”
• “Not about US without US.”
• Incorporated in California, 2016
Vision: We envision a world where lived expertise becomes the fulcrum that leverages all suicide prevention efforts. Our complete vision is to see a day when we are no longer needed.
Mission: We put the lived expertise of suicide attempt and loss survivors into action through leadership, collaboration and advocacy.
• Inclusion- membership must be about shared goals, not status or affiliation
• Openness – True change requires diversity of thought and action
• Courage – The willingness to proceed in spite of the fear and rejection by others
• Action- Recognition that communication and awareness are meaningless without direct action
1) To assist those with lived experience in the transition of discovering their role as change champions and advocates.
2) To support the implementation lived experience international guidelines and best practice programs such the "Way Forward" and "Responding to Grief, Trauma, and Distress after a Suicide: US National Guidelines."
3) To leverage the voices of lived experience to advocate for policy, system and cultural change
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Community & Non-Profit
What colors do you want to see in your design?
Other color requirements
I'd like to explore the following colors:
Reds: Energy, action, passion and love.
To give us an idea of the overall feeling of your brand, let us know which styles you lean towards
• Design a primary brandmark that includes typographic treatment in conjunction with a symbol/graphic element that evokes the brand themes.
The symbol may also stand alone to represent US.
• Consider emphasizing US of United Survivors.
• Examine the league of other suicide support organizations to create a mark that differentiates & inspires in the space.
• Define primary and secondary palette and font pairings to express the look and feel of US for extension to marketing and communication materials.
• Create variations on the mark that are oriented horizontally, vertically, and in square format.
FILES IN JPG AND VECTOR FORMATS FOR PRINT PRODUCTION AND ONLINE USE.
• Color and black/white versions of the brandmark.
• Color and black/white versions of the stand alone symbol.
Themes (strength and power): "Power to the People," "All in!!", unity, strength, leadership, social justice, open dialogue, community & Inspiration, international, empowerment, cultural change
WE ARE NOT: a crisis response organization, a counseling or peer support organization. No sad faces.