Here are additional design notes that we put together including design ques and considerations along with customer avatars of our demographic that we want to reach. We DO NOT want it to look educational or faith based like. The whole thing can be viewed on Evernote as well: https://www.evernote.com/l/AmqV2Gj4…dmbfCDxXHk
- Millenial Generation (More Specifically the 25-40 Age Range)
- Those in the Boomer and X Generation that seek to invest in Millenials
- Young Professionals & Social Activists While Not Exclusive of Those that Fall Outside of This.
- Male & Female
We are inclusive of anybody that wishes to be a part however our focus is on those within the Millennial generation that have a passion for bringing positive change and transformation to their sphere of influence. These tend to lay along the lines of graduated from college (age wise), currently in a job or career path (either secular or in ministry), in arts and entertainment or some creative vocation.
Ryan has been a part of his local church for years and super active in his community. In between his job at his real estate office and excessive visits to his favorite coffee shops, he is always volunteering at church whenever he can. He's seen a lot of growth and positive things happening. While he is encouraged by this, his deep desire is to be able to see the type of change he brings at church to the other areas of his life. He also wonders if the way he hears from God for his spiritual and personal walk can be used to transform his workplace and the community he is a part of. His heart imagines a world where God partners with him in every facet of his life to be able to bring the reality of "on earth as it is in heaven” into fruition.
Emma is a talented creative professional that while very busy with little free time still has a deep desire to make an impact in the lives around her. There are many moments when Emma is talking with a friend or co-worker in crisis that she wishes she had just the right words to say or strategy to share with them. Having become a Christian several years ago, she has experienced the radical transformation that only God can bring. She prays for the wisdom and the right words to say that can help bridge the gap between where they are to a personal encounter with God. She wants to shift the entire culture of her workplace and provide a place of breakthrough for her co-workers and the clients that they serve.
Specific to Logo:
The logo is meant to appeal primarily to those in the millennial age group but should also be accessible or welcomed by those in older generations. The design should be clean and fonts used should avoid being too far on the trendy side. The most time should be spent on the symbol used.
Key Ideas / Design Queues:
- The joining/partnership between generations
- The honoring of the older generations and those that have paved the way for us
- A possible way to achieve this is the font choice going more vintage/timeless/classic while pairing it with a youthful/modern symbol
- An Emerging Movement
- Dynamic and Energetic with a Streak of Refinement
- Clean over Busy
- Must be able to go monochromatic and flat easily.
Additional Design Notes:
- Simplification of Form (Less is More)
- Not on the nose (Avoid the most obvious visual interpretation)
- The logo itself must be powerful enough to stand on its own without the addition of color or texture. It must be able to stand on form/structure alone.
- Hand Drawn is fine as long as it avoids looking childish or kitchy