We are an events directory based in the locality of Perth, Western Australia - http://www.perthpoint.com.au
We like penguins - but we also want to look at non penguin logos
We curate events, festivals, and weekly events that we think are cool, and contact other event promoters who want their events featured on our site, then encourage them to sign up. We also feature industry tickets and discounts on our pages.
We were first founded approximately 1 year ago.
Our medium term goal is to be the main brand (website / facebook page / instagram / ?snapchat) that people in Perth think of when they want to find out what's cool to go to this weekend/ week/month. Longer term, we would like to expand our concept to other states in Australia.
The goal of this project is to create and define a brand identity for our business - as of right now, our logo is purely text based.
We are trying to communicate a brand that people ages 18-35 will associate with 'Lets see what we can do today in Perth'
We are looking for a logo that people will associate with the word 'events'
Our main competitors
https://www.theurbanlist.com/perth - focuses mostly on bars, restaurants and cool locations, and a lot of food. Not much on events
https://soperth.com.au - messy design, they are not sure what they want to be. Halfway between a blog site and an events site.
http://www.perthhappenings.com.au - has the appearance and feel of a family oriented event page
http://perthisok.com - started as an instagram hashtag, now has a webpage + facebook presence. Photos of nice places / things / people in Perth
Our target market are 18-35 year olds with disposable income and time to go out.
- 55% female / 45% male as per google analytics
- incomes unknown, but based on abs stats between $40k p/a - $110k p/a
- people who like music, food, partying. Also people who enjoy quiz nights and other low key events.
- many people in this age group are casually employed, <40hrs/week
- Perth has a very 'thin' urban sprawl - we congregate at the beaches. Most events are at least 20 minutes away by car.
- lifestyle divided into the FIFO(away in a mining town for up to 3 weeks, then returning to Perth for 1-2 weeks), 9-5 workers, and erratic shift workers (split is probably even between the 3)
- backpackers and tourists are probably an important market that we don't consider very much
What we need
- a logo that we can use to send to event organisers; their intention is to feature our site as a 'sponsor' on their A3 posters / flyers/ handouts
- a logo that we can use on our webpage (http://www.perthpoint.com.au)
- the same logo to be used on our instagram and facebook pages.
Sites that do similar work to us
What is the time scale / deadline?
- We would like an A3 / flyer worthy logo within the week.