Evolv is a developing clothing and accessories brand being created to promote the culture of swimming. The objective is to design functional soft gear to suit the needs of aquatic athletes while out of the water.
To help achieve their objectives they would like to create their overall brand image and messaging. The first part of the strategy is to create a new logo and overall brand appearance.
The target audience are swimmers at the Professional level.
The secondary audience are swimmers, triathletes and other athletes who train or compete in the aquatic environment.
This primary target consists of the following:
• Professional Swimmers
• College/High School Swimmers
• Aquatic Athletes
• Primary Logo
o Secondary Logo- Primary Logo w/Tagline or other artwork (TBD)
o Brand Colors
o Color Guidelines sheet
o Overall tone
o All artwork with various file formats
Considerations for design
o Ex Under Armor, Adidas, Nike
• Friendly/Approachable in tone
o Not a traditional “high end/snobby” graphic/font
• Ex- Tiffany, Giorgio Armani, Bentley
• Easy Identity
o Can easily recognize logo from across the pool or on a TV screen.
o Primary- blue (representing water)
o Secondary-Black and white (representing the Black Line – This is the line on the bottom of the pool that swimmers follow)
• The client would like the primary logo to have the ability to adapt readily into various permutations to keep the story and look fresh
o A signature placement of the logo would be on the inside of the sleeve. A common place for swimmers to place tattoos.
Key positioning Attributes
• Evolv will provide clothing and soft gear for aquatic athletes. This will provide comfort, warmth, trust and reliability for the athletes when at a performing venue or training.
• With long breaks between heats it is important for the swimmer to be relaxed and confident before entering the pool for the next race. By keeping the athlete dry and comfortable there is a higher chance of performing better over the course of the event.
• Warming up and getting dry to maintain warmth is one of the most important parts of the athlete’s process.
• The ability to maneuver smoothly and work on mobility
• Evolv recognizes and celebrates the swimmer as an athlete. This is not a normal mindset within the swimming community.
• Evolv’s line will be simple, classic and functional
• Lastly, to swim quickly in water an athlete must exhibit strong power and expert technique while balancing efficient motion and minimal drag.
Visual considerations and some common applications
• Business Cards
• Field Tools