I am a product designer / creative director leading a full rebrand for Fermata Town starting with this logo exercise. We will be using the logo along with an updated visual identity and a new website, all of which is in the works.
For the logo, there are a few big requirements:
1. You can take one of two approaches:
-- Design a simple logo mark + typographic logo that look good independent of one another AND next to one another. If you take this route, the logo mark should be visually related to the fermata (a musical notation symbol). It can be abstract / loosely connected, but it needs to be inspired by the fermata. Keep it SIMPLE and clean.
-- We would also consider just a typographic logo that incorporates the fermata into "Fermata Town," perhaps replacing the "o" or integrating with the type in some other way. That said, if you take this approach you have to keep it simple and make sure the typography does not suffer.
2. You can experiment with color (in the turquoise / blue / purple / pink arena) BUT most importantly, the logo has to look great in black on white or white on black. Nailing a non-color version is our first priority.
3. I've included a folder with logos we love, which you may or may not want to use for inspiration.
4. The logo has to fit into most standard use-cases and be flexible for website / social media use. Stick to standard width-height ratios, nothing out of the ordinary (no super tall or super wide frame)
5. Looking for simple, clean, modern, and a good balance between fun/playful and professional.
For context - here is our old brand/website: http://fermatatown.com If you click through to our social media pages you can see some of the things we've done with the previous branding. But, again, we are redesigning and trying to update/modernize the whole visual identity.
Please hit me up with questions!