Double Space is the joint venture of real life couple Amanda Large and Younes Bounhar.
It is a commercial photography venture, focusing on architecture, interior design and lifestyle (so the application is for architects, designers, magazines, advertising).
Our photography is slick, clean and edgy, with great focus on aesthetics and colours. While our present site is architecture focused (http://doublespacephoto.com), we do not want our brand to be limited to that as commercial photography extends to more fields (including portraiture and fashion).
We are looking for a logo design that we can use on our web site, business cards, business stationery and promotional literature.
The logo design should convey, firstly, that we are professional photographers. We would like it to be elegant, modern and slick but also portray some of our funny, edgy personality. We want a look that will not be worn out in a few months or years, but rather something that leaves a long lasting impression
From a design perspective the logo:
- doublespace should be preferably in one word, though double space could work if necessary
- we're not opposed to uppercase letters, but prefer all lowercase
-can be square or horizontal format
- has to be scalable (all the way to 70x70px yet be readable)
- if there is text in the logo, the logo has to be able to stand out without the text as well
-it has to be able to look good in black and white (for stationery for example)
- the logo must be delivered in a vector format compatible with photoshop.
- any font/design used must be free of licenses
- PLEASE NO "handscript" fonts
- Design should be elegant and well-balanced
- a pictorial/symbol is preferred but not essential