What are we trying to portray?
HCA is welcoming to everyone (regardless of gender, religion, color, etc.) and our community is safe and friendly. The kids are enthusiastic and we’re working in a beautiful place. (Reinforcing this to parents as well.)
What do I want in a new logo?
A ‘more better’ version of what we are already successfully using. Let’s make it somewhat more professional but with the exact same elements and funky feeling. Don’t let this become too slick. Porvenir (location) has a warmth but it also has a ‘grit’. HCA is altruistic but it’s also earthy. ‘Earthy’ is a key feeling here.
Elements show -
- Earthy, organic feel. Not too slick / a little funky
- happy, smiling children (it’s safe)
- warm sun (you’ll be comfortable and it’s fun)
- palm tree, beachy (it’s beautiful)
- Three children with arms around each other and
one arm up on each side. (camaraderie)
What doesn’t work?
- I am hoping to get rid of the ‘slapped together clip art’ feeling (especially of the sun).
- Clothing on the far right child needs to be modernized.
- Modify the text of the name of Honduras Child Alliance so that there’s a little more emphasis on the words ‘Child Alliance’
- Enlarge the sun and put less emphasis on the wave. Put some small rays (subtle) on the sun to
give more visual interest and make it less ‘smooth’.
- Add a third child. It’s not about the specific gender (i.e. we serve ‘boys’ and ‘girls’) - - it’s that we
have lots of kids and so let’s have 3 in there.
- Consider an alternate version that puts the words Honduras Child Alliance on the side of the
graphic and highlights that we’re “HCA”. (Either side is ok / whichever works).
Can we somehow retain the ‘smiling faces’? I don’t know if that works in this kind of design.
What feeling do I hope for?
- Think of the feeling of a children’s book rather than corporate identity. When I look at these images below I see a complexity, a richness and funkiness - - while I am not necessarily looking for something as complicated as these graphics, I hope for this kind of feeling in regard to how we are showing who HCA is. Let’s steer away from slick and toward more funky.