Designers must read the attached "Brand ID Brief" to understand our target and brand line "Families Unlocking Futures." Our website (currently being totally redeveloped and redesigned) is http://www.justice4families.org. The winning logo will, in part ,dictate the web redesign.
Please, let's try hard to avoid using the various crappy people icons (swishy, pointy, wavy, people with circle heads, and interlocked arms, etc.). Unfortunately, it screams generic and unoriginal. Better yet, I assume that means you didn't read the brief! See the opinion pieces on this: "The 5 Overused Symbols in Logos" (http://tinyurl.com/7a4ayy5) and the "Hall of Fame for the Most Used, Abused, & Overdone" logo styles (http://tinyurl.com/ydjfvtf). "
• Color AND black and white versions of logo
• Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
• Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)
• Name of font family and where it can be legally obtained
• Color palette
• Graphical elements
• Point of view on imagery usage
We will judge success based on the following:
1. Expresses our competitive difference: *families* leading change.
2. Reflects a tone of urgency/wake up call.
3. Strikes the right balance of approachability (to invite families in) and authority (to be the go-to expert to policy and law makers, judges, etc.).
4. Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo.