MISSION OF THE SOMERSET COUNTY GREEN CHALLENGE -
Recognize Somerset County businesses who have demonstrated a commitment to sustainable business practices & help existing businesses to profit from new sustainability efforts.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE SOMERSET COUNTY GREEN CHALLENGE -
1. Establish a Somerset County network of likeminded businesses, suppliers and customers with an interest in sustainable business practices, and
2. Providing the advice and resources for business to quickly and easily initiate new sustainability projects.
The Somerset County Business Partnership (SCBP) is the regional chamber of commerce for Somerset County. We the largest business organization in the area, and our members represent both the public and private sectors, including government, municipalities, not-for-profit /community organizations, and small, medium and large employers.
Sustainable Somerset, a committee of the SCBP, has established the following mission/vision statements:
MISSION - To educate and promote sustainable practices and applications keeping Somerset County a great place to live, work, and play for generations to come.
VISION - As a committee of the Somerset County Business Partnership, the vision is to maintain and strengthen an economically and environmentally healthy Somerset County.
KEY OBJECTIVES -
1. Educate businesses on the benefits of applying sustainable business practices;
2. Advocate for energy and environmental reforms that gives businesses a competitive advantage;
3. Promote and reward those members who implement green business practices; and
4. Mentor tomorrow's business leaders to meet workforce development needs in emerging green industries.
Sustainable Somerset defines "Sustainability" as "Supporting the capacity to endure" and has recognizes 3 pillars of Sustainability.
1. Environmental Integrity
2. Economic Prosperity
3. Community Vitality