PLEASE SEE COMPLETE BRIEFING: http://www.somewear.de/somewear_bri…120809.pdf
1 IMPORTANT: Additional agreement required
Please note that due to German copyright laws we need more explicit regulations regarding the transfer of rights than the terms of 99designs.com provide. Therefore we require an extended agreement solely regarding these transfer of rights:
Please send this agreement to us via e-mail (email@example.com) or fax (+49 221 290 20 835). This is only necessary if your design has been chosen as the winner by us.
2 Explanation: what is “Somewear”?
Somewear is the name of three fashion stores in Germany. The stores sell textiles, shoes and some accessoires in a mid-price, fashion-oriented style and segment. Here is an excerpt of brands that are being sold:
American Vintage, ASH, b.belt, Dear Cashmere, DIESEL, Drykorn, Fiorentini & Baker, Gestuz, Patrizia Pepe, Replay, Scotch&Soda, Set, Seven for All Mankind, Twinset, UGG Australia
One store is more youth and street fashion oriented (Diesel, Replay, Scotch&Soda), the other two, newer ones are a little more classy (Patrizia Pepe, Twinset, Dear Cashmere). The clients in the one store are a little younger from 16-40 years both men and women, the two newer stores also serve for women ranging 20-55 years.
In the near future we are planning to launch a website and an online shop later on.
3 New logo – what we are looking for
The new logo should come across as modern, clean, simple, plain and elegant – not too playful, complex or squiggled. A simple lettering with a font should be the basis of the new logo, but with an added uniqueness, e.g. replace a letter by a mark, turn a letter, etc.
• we are looking for a designed lettering, maybe supported by a simple figurative mark or some simple design elements
• word/figurative mark in black and white as well as plain transparent, inverted colours must be possible as well
Word mark (typography):
• no bouncing letters
• rather a sans serif font, but serif may also work if not strongly pronounced, no handwriting fonts
• NO old school, comic, cartoon, curly, typewriter, techno, gothic, script, retro or foreign look font please. Please use some basic but modern, rather sans serif, Logotype. A little unique touch in the lettering though would be great.
Variation for online shop
The online shop will have an extended domain: somewear24.de
Therefore the new logo needs to be extended by “24” – either in continued lettering or as an extra, offset mark.
4 Usage of Logo
The logo will be used in the following forms or manner
• Large Shop sign at the store fronts – preferably as a luminous sign or indirectly lighted by spotlights or background lighting
• On shopping bags (shiny, thick material of varying colours: white, black, red, etv.)
• On customer receipts
• On letterhead and business cards
• As logo on the website and online shop
This implicates that the logo must work both as a large sign as well as on small receipts or a website.
The logo needs to have a distinctive design with a high recognition value; a clear legibility is necessary - even in small illustrations.
The logo will be used on bright and dark backgrounds - therefore a fully or partially inverted version needs to be created if required.
Set up the logo as a vector graphic in an open data file.
Please keep it as simple as possible. Don't try to say too much. Don’t create a too complex logo by using too much various or tiny details.