OBJECTIVE: Create a logo for Thrive Nation, a new non-profit organization in the US for young adults aged 18-25.
GOAL: The logo should communicate to our audience that we are an uplifting, inspiring, modern, down-to-earth and approachable group.
Thrive Nation is not just about individuals; it is about creating a community - a NATION - of 'Thrivers'. This notion (being a nation of thrivers) is very important. It's not just about each individual young adult being coached on their own; it's about creating and nurturing a community of Thrivers who can connect and support each other. Please do consider exploring this in your designs.
The logo should not be too serious or professional, but it also cannot be too funny or like a cartoon.
- modern (appealing to 18-25 year-olds)
- down-to-earth (not too sophisticated / "over-designed")
• bold + strong
- we want a logo that is clear and bold - this can be done through a bold typeface (eg black or ultra fonts)
• clear/ clean and simple, but ! not simplistic and boring.
• Clear and strong and legible - consider using all caps (THRIVE NATION) or Sentence case (Thrive Nation)
• Action / movement - Thrive Nation is about taking action, so please also consider using script typefaces
• Combination script and regular sans serif font - you can try a combination of typefaces we want something that is active (eg a script typeface or italics font for Thrive) and solid (eg a sans serif typeface for Nation) - what we'r trying to achieve here is to show that Thrive Nation as a brand is solid, strong (but not forceful), grounded, centered, clear, determined AND flowing, fluid, organic and graceful (the kind of power we're talking is water gradually wearing away rock - it's a "soft" but still very powerful power!)
IDEAS / THEMES FOR THE LOGO:
We are open to any and all kinds of logos. Key points are it should be unique and carry with it a symbol or icon to strengthen our brand.
We want something clear and strong and legible, but also unique, so please do use abstract / symbols to bring Thrive Nation to life.
• Pictorial Logo (icon + font)
- we want a logo that has both a symbol and a typeface (not a symbol only or a typeface / wordmark only)
• Movement Logo
- we are open to a logo that gives a sense of movement or action to it - this can be done through the symbol or through the typeface (eg italics font)
• Stamp/ Emblem Style Logo
- Authentic/ personable execution. Should be combining icons/ symbols/ patterns with text that communicates our overall values (above).
FINAL NOTE: The logo MUST resonate with 18-25 year-olds, so please do not post logos that will not "speak" to this age range, ie logos that are too "old" and staid and traditional. Thanks! : )
WHAT WE DON'T WANT:
• We do not want a "fussy" or very "busy" or "too clever" logo with lots of elements. We want it to be clean and simple, but not simplistic and boring.