If you have something in mind that goes against what I've described as my vision, but that you think is quite awesome, please free to show me. Although I have my own vision in my head, I'm open minded to awesomeness.
I appreciate your hard work to help me kick off my new site!
- On the detail spectrum between 'work of art' and 'desktop icon', I'm leaning fairly heavily to the icon side for the logo...but not too far.
- With that said, I still want the logo design to have a degree of cleverness to it. There should be at least one (probably only one to keep it from cluttering up) smart tie in between the PhysicsShirts.com brand and some physics / science theme represented in the logo. I am not looking for a single physics symbol over or next to the PhysicsShirts.com text. For example, a piece of imagery from the physics world with negative space depicting a piece of imagery from the t-shirt world (is there anything in that world besides the shape of a t-shirt? Maybe?) would be on the mark. It doesn't have to use negative space like that, but I'd like the merging of the two worlds to come out in some way. Examples of logos that I think do this well are Beats headphones (the brand's 'b' looks like an earbud/headphone) and the Firefox web browser (the brand's firefox image is wrapped around the world a la world wide web).
- I'm tending to like the darker colors for the logo rather than the light colors some designers submitted in order to have it show up on a dark background, but I also still prefer a dark background. So I think a lighter background just for the logo (perhaps in the shape of some appropriate imagery) might be in order unless your color choice shows up well enough regardless. I'm open to other suggestions on how to deal with this too. I'm also still open to a lighter accent color in the logo.
- If I had to give just a few words to describe my ideal logo, they'd be (in priority order): Memorable (of course), Lighthearted, Clever, Simple - and a small hint of Smart-ass would be the icing on the cake : )
- Words that should NOT describe the logo: Silly, Juvenile, Childish