Sailmate upcycles used sails into handbags and backpacks. The products are sophisticated, high priced for a fashion customer who cares about sustainability but is very conscious about design and style at the same time.
The product is limited by the available base material/sailcloth and so highly limited. The look of each product can differ as every sail is different and has it's own story. There is also an option to fully customize your bag so even more individual.
Key Values of the brand
1. Pure, light, clean
2. Companion, Community, mates, crew,
3. Sophisticated, design, fashion, contemporary
4. Functionality, durable, power, energy, long-lasting
5. Sustainable, no environmental footprint
6. Water, Beach, Coast
- not typical nautical (navy + gold = old fashioned and boring), but it in a clean, sophisticated, fashionable design
- colorwise can be black and white, or toned down colors as caramel, matt silver or gold,
- imagine the logo on a product (bag) and on the website, logo has to stand/speak by itself and in combination with logo + brandname
- Please review the brand values which are ranked by relevance carefully
- Important that the Logo is dual gender and not to feminine as the brand is approaching men and women
- the look can be related to the water, coast heritage (mer-man/women, sailors,...) of the product but no simple nautical appearance
One design should inclue nautical element (fish tail, anchor, stiringwheel, wave/water, sailor, matross, seagull, boat, paperboat, sailboat, compass) in a NON nautical way, eg in one letter or as stand alone
- One design should be done with a Mermaid and a Neptun in combination for the dual gender approach
- needs to be a simple minimalized logo that appears on a fashion bag so less is more
- Main purpose is to place the Logo on the product/bag. So it should speak to the end consumer (attract, high recognizably, symbolize the brand values).