IMPORTANT: Please read the brief CAREFULLY. Feel free to message us if you have any questions or if anything is unclear.
We are currently looking for a new cover for the next issue of our magazine. The main theme of this issue is “Japanese trading companies”/“trading companies in Japan”. We already have a set template for the cover and are looking for a unique, creative design/image to fit into that template (see attachments). IMPORTANT: The green frame is NOT part of the template, we just added it to show which part needs to be changed. Please erase the green frame when you create a design.
We have the following requirements for our cover image:
- The main theme of the issue is “Japanese trading companies” - how they were successful in the past and the present with an emphasis on how they have changed and adjusted in response to global developments over the course of the years. We want the cover image to reflect these topics.
- It has to be VERY clear that the magazine is about “Japanese trading companies in JAPAN” (through, for example, Japanese people or Japanese buildings etc.). However, since trading companies are operating on a global market we would like that to be expressed on the cover as well.
- You could base your design on a photo, make a collage or design icons/graphics – anything is fine! If you use a stock picture, please arrange it like the combination of photo and icons, like what we did in our last covers (see the attachment).
- If you use a stock photo, stick to istockphoto.com or similar lower-prize options if possible. (If you already own the pictures you want to use, it does not matter which website you got them from, of course.)
- Here is some suggestions. Do NOT just paste the stock photo into the template.
Idea No. 1:
Collage with icons or/and images of the several branches and/or products that the trade companies sell. Like the following:
global environmental & infrastructure (water, solar plants, gas, etc.), energy (biomass, wind turbines, forest), infrastructure, construction systems, real estate, logistics & transportation (airplane, trains, automobiles), industrial machinery, innovation/ corporate development (loT, AI), chemicals, metals & minerals resources, media & digital, ICT & financial business, electronics, lifestyle (food, healthcare, life essentials, consumer products, textiles)
* Links of Images for your inspiration
Idea No. 2:
Collage with icons or/and images of the trading companies’ activities (import of foreign products to Japan, export of Japanese products/technology from Japan, investments and purchase of local companies or startups in order to enter a foreign market).
- Please insert the title into the image. This issue’s title will be something along the lines of: “Handelshäuser in Japan – Neue Strategien für einen vernetzten Weltmarkt”. "Handelshäuser in Japan" is the main title and therefore bigger than the other part.
- On the following website you can find the past cover designs of the magazine:
- Please DEFINITELY look at our past covers so that you can get a feel for what we are looking for!
- But also, please choose a DIFFERENT color design, especially in comparison to the last three covers (No.1, No.2 and No.3 2018).
- Media data:
IMPORTANT - The final data of the final image for our magazine:
The picture resolution should be 350 dpi and use the CMYK colour model. Our team works with Adobe InDesign CS6, so it is important you can provide us with a file that can be opened and edited in InDesign CS6 (i.e. an .indd- or idml-file). Please also provide us with a .psd data that we can edit in Adobe Photoshop, with separate layers.