The Dandenong Neighbourhood House's focus is to provide members of the community with lifelong learning and skills development, personal empowerment and growth targeted to meet the needs of the changing and diverse local community.
DNH is committed to strengthen the foundation of our diverse and colourful community by promoting understanding, equity of access and inclusive community practices, social justice, equal opportunity and flexible delivery.
These programs provide services for people who reside or work in the City of Greater Dandenong and these services are provided without discrimination to people who seek or are referred to our services.
DNH is run by a voluntary Board of Management.
As a Neighbourhood House our broad aims are:
1. develop and offer low cost educational and recreational programs
2. provide skills development opportunities for people who are disadvantaged with the aim to improve their capacity for independence, social interaction and income generation
3. reduce the isolation of individuals and groups within the community
4. encourage communities to develop their own responses and solutions to issues and problems which affect their lives and the community
5. address social inequalities and increase the life opportunities for people who are disadvantaged by encouraging the development of self help and mutual support activities; social interaction and participation