- 18"x24" (or 24'x18") Poster on 100 lb. gloss text Design Layout Guidelines @ bit.ly/1PnlIdP
- Primary (desired) colors are Purple (dark) and Gold but do not make the poster dark. These colors should be used for accents and fonts. Need to use these colors but do not want it to be overwhelming or too dark. (Grey/White/Silver/Black are fine to use in addition and for background. No shades of Red/Blue/Green see flyers from our other events attached)
-Designers may use filler text and filler images for this contest to emphasize font styles and layout. You are not expected to generate text- please focus on creating the layout for this poster. After the design phase winner will be supplied with Hi-resolution pictures and exact text for headings and subtitles and biography.
-Focus on original and creative design, layout, font choices and not exact text (this will be provided to the winner verbatim after contest for final layout)
- Looking for designers who take the older pictures and make the presentation exciting and modern by using cool and hip headings and fonts for titles around the pictures.
-Poster should feature space for 12 different Featured heroes/People (but the design should be able to adjust to add/subtract a one or 2 people). Do not just make boring rows with no breaks or mix up.
- Reusable template for future years with different heroes
-For this design phase you can use 12 blank silhouettes and fill text. Actually copy will be supplied to the winner. Suggested Layout Headings and Subheadings should feature:
Insert Hero Name
Insert Title Here
Insert School Here
Insert Biographical Sentence Here
(example: John Shelburne
English High School/Dartmouth College
Athlete -War Hero - Social Advocate
Integrated professional football, Roxbury social worker legend Shelburne Rec center is named in his honor.)
- Winner will be given final his resolution pictures to replace silhouette and exact headings and title information after design contest
-Winner will also have a bundle project to do an accompanying bookmark and Blog post design
- Main Title: 2016 Black History Month Celebrating Our Legacy (or Variations ok for Layout)
- Small (do not make this a distraction) Space reserved for 1-3 Sponsors’ logo (side or bottom) and fine print text for photo credits. kaleidoscope Group is the Primary Sponsor; Columbia Company and one other will be secondary (smaller) sponsors