This is the second attempt for a poster design for our 2013 festival, as we are looking for a second concept.
We are looking for an 11” (width) X 17” (height), full color, POSTER concept.
Elements that must be on the poster:
• Our logo: attached as a jpg, other file types are available at request
• Artist line up: TBA. The lineup of artists is always important on our poster. Whether it is in pictures, text or a combination of both, we need to have the artists on the poster. Each year we book approximately 45 bands.
• Date: June 27 – 30, 2013
• Website: http://www.countryfest.ca
• Phone: 1-800-361-7300
• Location: “Dauphin, Manitoba, Canada”
• Sponsor logos: normally we put these at the bottom of the poster on a black bar. All logos are TBD. (please refer to attached poster for idea of logo placement.)
We want a look of “new age country” that appeals to the age group of 18 – 30, however we do also have a large following of the 30 – 60 age group.
We would like to see different option of a poster that could include a real photo of our festival site, such as the one attached in the word document, titled ZBPhoto (sorry we are trying to get access to the actual photo). We may have to change the photo but it would be something like this.
Our reasoning for including a photo such as this is to focus on our new permament roof structure which we just invested in building this year. We also want to show the overall uniqueness of the outdoor amphitheatre on the hill looking out over the stage, campground and fields. We want to give a “feel” to the poster for someone who has never attended our festival.
Please try to AVOID:
• Heavy cowboy theme: we do not want a design concept that is heavy on boots, spurs, horses, etc. We are a music festival that focuses mainly on Country music, however we also have alternative, roots, bluegrass, etc.
• Many of our posters in the past have included a guitar, fiddle, banjo etc.... it works, but it would be nice to see something new. However, with that being said, if you have a fresh way of doing it, we would be open to suggestions.
• We would like to stay away from Retro/70's psychedelic looks.
Attached are a few of our past posters.
The poster artwork concept may also be used in our brochures, lanyard passes, etc.