Page 1 (main page):
- Modern and abstract world map that's depicted in a
- The map should be large and will cover the entire screen
- There should be a logo in the top-left (or anywhere of your
choosing) for "100words.org" - don't worry if you cannot design this
but it would be nice.
- Also leave some space for a few static links ("about us, sponsor,
contact us") - maybe near the top
- Leave some space for logos of a few sponsors
- In various locations on the map, there will be some sort of "pins"
or "markers" indicating where there are specific issues
- The user will be able to click on these, which will trigger a
pop-up. The pop-up is the 2nd page you will design (described below)
- Please be creative in how you design the clickable markers (they
should be integrated into the map in a creative way)
Visit here for ideas of an abstract map:
And visit http://www.JadaraCapital.com for an example of a cool
abstract map with pop-ups (though the dark color theme is probably not
best for this site)
Page 2: Pop-Up:
- The pop-up will appear over the map. The pop-up will feature a few
1. A large image of a child (I will produce the content for all these
issues but for now you can use a stock/sample photo)
2. 100 words of text (written by the child describing the issue he is
facing) - please use a creative font for this (again, please use
sample text as I will produce the content)
3. Near the bottom, a paragraph describing an organization that is
helping to fight this cause
4. A "donate" button/graphic that will link the user to that
- The pop-up should not cover the logo, static links, or sponsors that
I described in the main page.
- The user should be able to close out of the pop-up (similar to
JadaraCapital.com country pop-ups) and return to the world map
To get creative ideas of how to merge the 100 words of text with the
photo of the chid.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Good luck to everyone!